It’s no secret that the spring and summer are most popular seasons for real estate sales in the Triangle and Central Carolina area. Beautiful North Carolina weather and long daylight hours mean that homebuyers are out and about in full force. In contrast, most sellers will face a few challenges when placing a home on the market in the late fall or winter season. Flat Fee Realty wants sellers to be successful no matter what time of year they are selling.
Our FFR team suggests these five tips to sell quickly and for the most money, even during the slow seasons:
- Invite buyers in out of the cold: Be sure to create a warm and inviting experience when showing the home. Make sure all lights are on, that the inside heat is comfortable, and even light the fireplace if possible. Consider using aromas that evoke relaxation, like cinnamon or apple pie.
- Use the holiday season to an advantage: Appeal to buyer’s emotional side by helping them envision spending the holidays with their family in their new home. Stage the home with all-purpose holiday decorations, like potted poinsettias, twinkling white lights or evergreen garlands.
- Consider a pre-listing inspection: A seller’s inspection brings any potential issues to light and allows for their resolution early on. The holiday season tends to prolong a closing process already prone to delays. Don’t let last minute maintenance issues postpone the transaction. Slower processes create buyer’s remorse.
- Avoid liability: Winter weather can create hazardous conditions for buyers and sellers. Keeping steps and walkways snow and ice-free to prevent slips and falls. Protect against maintenance issues (like frozen pipes or falling tree limbs) to ensure the home remains in marketable shape.
- Price correctly: Although winter buyers may be more motivated, there are definitely fewer of them. To attract the most buyers, start out with a realistic asking price. Remember, homes that undergo several price reductions usually sell for much less than if the home was priced correctly in the first place.
With the right sales strategy (and a great Flat Fee Realty Agent) winter can still be an excellent time to sell a home. Cool weather buyers tend to be more motivated, and there is less competition, since many Triangle sellers often take their homes off the market until the warmer months and spring. Regardless of when you sell, Flat Fee Realty wants all sellers to land the best deal possible, no matter the time of year.
Wondering if November and December are is the right months to sell? Give us a call today!
This post on selling and buying a home in the Triangle is brought to you by the team at Flat Fee Realty and is intended for informational purposes only.
The Future of Real Estate!
Flat Fee Realty
919 342 5230
Photo: ddpavumba, Freedigitalphotos.net